Southern Lights flight
Witness one of the world's most magical phenomena alongside a team of expert astronomers. Introducing the Southern Lights. Commence your flight mid-evening on a Qantas Dreamliner to chase the lights of the Aurora Australis. You’ll enjoy Qantas in-flight service in both Business and Economy class heading south towards Antarctica where the Aurora is brightest.
With different booking options available and a seat swapping structure to share the best view, there’s an option for everyone.
- Return flights from Sydney
- Two meals and snacks
- Full bar service
- Access to inflight entertainment.
- Valid for Travel: 01 Apr - 25 Sep 2022
- Selling Period: 13 Sep - 08 Oct 2021
Most Antartica flights depart early morning, with the exception of the New Years flight which will depart in the evening to enjoy the midnight sun.
It takes around three hours of flying time south of Australia before you start to see scattered icebergs and shortly after you normally reach the continent itself, where, weather permitting, you'll get to take in the dramatic mountains, glaciers and frozen landscapes of Antarctica.
- Comprehensive travel insurance.
- There will be a seat swap during the flight to give everyone the opportunity to get better views through the large windows.