Great Barrier Reefsleep
Airlie Beach, QLD
Reefsleep is a 2 day stay at the Great Barrier Reef – including a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sleep under the stars. Hardy Reef is your destination, where you’ll be able to swim, snorkel, dive and sleep aboard a moored pontoon, almost 40 nautical miles off the Whitsunday Coast.
This trip includes all food, accommodation, snorkelling activities and equipment. As well as access to an underwater observatory and semi-submarine guided tour.
- 2 day and 1 nights’ accommodation, premium sunrise position subject to availability
- All meals, including morning and afternoon tea and beer and wine
- Semi-submarine guided tour, snorkelling gear including wetsuits
- Transfers from Airlie, Daydream Island or Hamilton Island
- Scenic return cruise through Whitsundays to the outer reef
- Water bottle and beach towel
- Image Credit: Tourism & Events Queensland and Jason Hill
- Valid for Travel: 01 Oct 2021 - 31 Mar 2022
- Selling Period: 25 Aug - 24 Sep 2021
This is without a doubt one of the most unique accommodation options on the planet. You’ll sleep under the stars and over the starfish in your very own Reefbed.
Your journey begins with a cruise to the outer reef through the idyllic Whitsunday Islands. Once at the pontoon you can ride in a semi-submarine, put on a snorkel, visit the underwater observatory and enjoy a buffet lunch.
Once the day-trippers shoot through, you and your fellow Reefsleepers will have the place all to yourselves. Enjoy a sundowner before your evening meal and then head to the upper deck to slip into your cosy bed. Then it’s just you, the reef, and the universe.
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Optional activities (own expense): guided snorkelling safaris and scuba diving.
- Please note in special request your preferred pick-up location:
- Port of Airlie at 8:00am and returns the next day at 6:45pm
- Daydream Island at 7:50am and returns the next day at 5:50pm
- Hamilton Island at 9:00am and returns the next day at 5:00pm
- Blackouts dates apply as shown in calendar
- Children age 6 - 12 years are welcome when accompanied by an adult