Ultimate Fiordland tour | by Trips and Tramps
Te Anau, NZ
As one of the most dramatic and beautiful parts of New Zealand, Fiordland is best known for its breathtaking views and mountainous surrounds. This 3 day tour explores all Fiordland has to offer, including visits to the Milford, Routeburn and Kepler Tracks. This tour will see you guided through spectacular landscapes of forest, lakes and alpine mountains. You’ll travel by helicopter, boat, water taxi, and of course on foot.
This is the perfect trip for the adventurous pair looking to explore the best Fiordland has to offer. This tour requires minimum 2 persons.
- 3 nights and 3 days tour
- Accommodation, breakfast and lunches provided
- Guided heli-hike on the Kepler Track
- Milford Sound scenic boat cruise
- Guided walk at Milford and Routeburn Track.
Valid for Departures
- 05 Mar 2022
- 11 Mar 2022
- 19 Mar 2022
- 25 Mar 2022
- 02 Apr 2022
- 08 Apr 2022
- 16 Apr 2022
- 20 Apr 2022
- 22 Oct 2022
- 28 Oct 2022
- 01 Nov 2022
- 03 Nov 2022
- 09 Nov 2022
- 11 Nov 2022
- 17 Nov 2022
- 23 Nov 2022
- 29 Nov 2022
- 01 Dec 2022
- 03 Dec 2022
- 09 Dec 2022
- 15 Dec 2022
- 17 Dec 2022
- 21 Dec 2022
Itinerary and map
We kick off our adventure with a spectacular helicopter flight from Te Anau township, over the hidden lakes to arrive at Luxmore Hut on the Kepler Track. We start our walk in the alpine area then descend through beech forest.
The approach to Lake Te Anau is evident as the track meanders through native New Zealand ferns. We’ll finish our hike at the sandy beach of Brod Bay, the pick-up point for the water taxi back to Te Anau township. Where we’ll enjoy an included lunch and transport back to our accommodation.
- Fully guided day walk from Te Anau. Helicopter, water taxi, lunch, accommodation, pick up, and drop off.
Today we’ll be taking a guided walk to Giant Gate Waterfall, on the world-famous Milford Track. After breakfast, we’ll take a short boat ride from Milford Sound to Sandfly Point. Then we’ll walk through lush rainforest to Giant Gate. We’ll be sharing the landscape with a forest of ancient trees, vibrant ferns and mosses, and an unequalled diversity of bird life.
On conclusion of the walk, we’ll enjoy lunch and complete our Milford Sound experience with a scenic afternoon boat cruise. Don’t forget to bring your camera.
Fully guided half-day walk. Return water taxi - Milford Deep Water Basin to Sandfly Point. Afternoon Scenic Boat Cruise, lunch. Plus return transport from Te Anau.
After breakfast, we head off on a guided walk to Key Summit, along the renowned Routeburn Track. This spectacular walk winds through lush, temperate rainforest and onto a unique alpine herb field. On the summit, we’ll enjoy panoramic views of mountains, alpine lakes, and deep, glacial-carved valleys. Lunch will be provided.
- Fully guided day walk from Te Anau. Lunch, accommodation, pick up, and drop off.
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Personal expenses and tips
- Meals not specified.
- This tour requires minimum 2 persons
- Blackout dates apply and shown in calendar
- Booking changes are allowed free of charge before final balance due date, additional rates may apply on new dates
- Final balance is due 2 months before departure.