The Fiordland hike | by Trips and Tramps
Te Anau, NZ
This is the ultimate hiking package, where you will trek through some of New Zealand’s most awe-inspiring and diverse landscapes. With Te Anau as a base each evening, this package offers 3 days of fully guided walks, exploring the best of the Milford, Routeburn and Kepler Tracks. The 3 Tracks that make Fiordland famous.
Each of these premier walks showcases different sides of Fiordland, passing through spectacular scenery from native forests, lakes and rivers to mountain views, vast fiords and lush valleys. Each day you will be accompanied by a local guide.
- 3 days walking with lunch included
- Guided heli-hike on the Kepler Track
- Guided walks at Milford and Routeburn Tracks
- Milford Sound scenic boat cruise
- Water taxi and transport.
Please note that accommodation is not included in this package.
Valid for Departures
- 09 Dec 2021
- 17 Dec 2021
- 22 Dec 2021
- 28 Dec 2021
- 08 Jan 2022
- 14 Jan 2022
- 22 Jan 2022
- 30 Jan 2022
- 05 Feb 2022
- 11 Feb 2022
- 17 Feb 2022
- 26 Feb 2022
- 05 Mar 2022
- 11 Mar 2022
- 19 Mar 2022
- 25 Mar 2022
- 02 Apr 2022
- 08 Apr 2022
- 16 Apr 2022
- 20 Apr 2022
- 22 Oct 2022
- 28 Oct 2022
- 01 Nov 2022
- 03 Nov 2022
- 09 Nov 2022
- 11 Nov 2022
- 17 Nov 2022
- 23 Nov 2022
- 29 Nov 2022
- 01 Dec 2022
- 03 Dec 2022
- 09 Dec 2022
- 15 Dec 2022
- 17 Dec 2022
- 21 Dec 2022
Itinerary & Map
Experience a guided heli-hike on the Kepler Track. Begin with a spectacular flight by helicopter from Te Anau Township, to arrive at Luxmore Hut on the Kepler Track. The walk begins in the alpine area then descends through the beech forest.
The approach to Lake Te Anau is evident as the track meanders through native New Zealand ferns. The hike is finished at the sandy beach of Brod Bay, the pick-up point for the water taxi back to Te Anau township. Lunch will be provided.
- Fully guided day walk from Te Anau, helicopter, water taxi and lunch
Today we’ll be taking a guided walk to Giant Gate Waterfall, on the world-famous Milford Track. After breakfast, we’ll take a short boat ride from Milford Sound to Sandfly Point. Then we’ll walk through lush rainforest to Giant Gate. We’ll be sharing the landscape with a forest of ancient trees, vibrant ferns and mosses, and an unequalled diversity of bird life.
On conclusion of the walk, we’ll enjoy lunch and complete our Milford Sound experience with a scenic afternoon boat cruise. Don’t forget to bring your camera.
- Fully guided half-day walk, return water taxi Milford Deep Water Basin to Sandfly Point. Afternoon Scenic Boat Cruise, lunch.
Enjoy a guided walk to Key Summit on the renowned Routeburn Track. This walk ascends through temperate rainforest and onto a unique alpine herb field. On the summit, hikers experience panoramic views of mountains, alpine lakes, and deep, glacial carved bush clad valleys. During this walk, you’ll also enjoy lunch.
- Fully guided day walk from Te Anau and lunch.
- Personal expenses and tips
- Meals not specified
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- This tour requires minimum 2 persons
- Blackout dates apply and shown in calendar
- Booking changes are allowed free of charge before final balance due date, additional rates may apply on new dates
- Final balance is due 2 months before departure.