Cairns reef and rainforest trip | by Contiki
This 4-day adventure tour was created to explore the best Cairns has to offer. Take a catamaran to the Great Barrier Reef for as much snorkelling or diving as your heart desires. Explore the Daintree Rainforest, dine out on fresh seafood and get your adrenaline racing bungy jumping or skydiving.
- 3 nights and 4 days tour
- Most meals
- Itinerary and tour guide.
Please note: Age group: 18 - 35 years only
Image Credit: Tourism and Events Queensland, Riptide Creative
Valid for Departures
- 27 Jan 2022
- 10 Feb 2022
- 24 Mar 2022
- 14 Apr 2022
- 12 May 2022
- 09 Jun 2022
- 07 Jul 2022
- 21 Jul 2022
- 04 Aug 2022
Itinerary & Map
We'll enjoy an included dinner at Ochre restaurant. An experienced chef will guide us through the history of bush foods – we're talking wattle seed damper, smoked kangaroo, Emu pate with bush tomato salsa, eucalyptus smoked salmon and even crocodile. It's in an incredible cultural feast and the perfect way to start our adventure in Cairns.
- Included Bush Food tutorial and dinner at Ochre Restaurant
Today is the day packed with history, heritage and natural beauty, as we take a day trip to the oldest tropical rainforest in the world: the Daintree.
There's a reason David Attenborough called it 'the most extraordinary place on earth.' As well as admiring the lush rainforest, we'll also meet the local Kuku Yalanji people and learn about their rich Aboriginal culture and history.
We'll get the chance to view a smoking ceremony and take an art class with an Aboriginal artist. We'll also learn about ancient Dreamtime stories, local history and how these ideas are shared through art. Then, we'll get to create our own unique souvenir to take home in the form of a canvas that tells our own stories.
- Trip to the Daintree Rainforest
We'll board a catamaran out to the reef with options to snorkel or dive in the crystal waters and gaze at the colourful coral and even more vibrant marine life. Back on board, the expert crew will tell us all there is to know about this stunning, but vulnerable, natural miracle.
- Reef Cruise to the Great Barrier Reef
Our adventure ends this afternoon, but not before we have a chance to escape our comfort zones and try some of the adventurous activities that Cairns is famous for. Anyone for bungy jumping?
- Bungy Jumping
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Other personal expenses
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all guests
- Age: 18 - 35 years
- Maximum group size: 25
- Tour starts in Airlie Beach & ends in Townsville
- A strict 1 x luggage with maximum weight of 20kg packed in a suitcase or bag
- Blackout dates apply and shown in calendar
- Booking changes are allowed free of charge before final balance due date, additional rates may apply on new dates
- Final balance is due 2 months before departure.