Personal information is all information about someone who is reasonably identifiable and includes sensitive information such as health information ('Personal Information').
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting any Personal Information in our custody or control. Play is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
What Personal Information do we collect
In the course of our business, we may collect the following types of information:
· contact information, such as your name, address (including your geolocation), phone number and email and those of your travel companions;
· identification information such as your date of birth, passport information or other identification documents and those of your travel companions;
· financial and credit information, such as your bank account numbers and/or credit or debit card numbers, current and previous overdue payments, and any hardship arrangements you may have entered into;
· your travel insurance details and those of your travel companions;
· your personal needs and preferences and those of your travel companions, which may include medical history and other health-related information, such as food allergies and disability requirements. We will only collect this information where it is reasonably necessary and we have your consent, or where it is required by law;
· Personal Information in your social media accounts, if you choose to give us access;
· other types of information you provide to us when you enter a competition we are operating; apply to work with us; or contact us for any other reason; and
· meta-data from your use of our Website, such as IP Address, browsing patterns and activity, device identifiers, and other related information.
How we collect Personal Information
We typically collect Personal Information directly from you. We may collect this Personal Information when you:
· purchase a product or service from us or interact with our service providers, suppliers or agents;
· contact our customer service team or suppliers (whether via mail, live chat, email or through telephone enquiries);
· access our Website;
· respond to a market survey, enter a competition or promotion we are running or engage with us through social media; or
· apply for employment with us.
In some cases, we may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties. These third parties include:
· other individuals, when one of your travel companions provides us with the Personal Information about you. If you are providing Personal Information on behalf of someone else, you must obtain their consent in advance (or the consent of their guardian where they are under 18 years of age);
· social media sites (e.g., Facebook and Twitter) where you choose to associate your account on that site with us. The Personal Information we may receive is controlled by that site and your account on that site; and
· our suppliers and service providers, such as the businesses providing the travel products and services we sell; credit reporting bodies; and our service providers who are engaged by us, or who we partner with, to provide goods and services to you. Our services are not directed to individuals under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18 years of age without parental or guardian consent.
How we use Personal Information
We only use and disclose Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected, and as required or permitted by law.
We may use Personal Information we collect about you for several purposes including:
· where you have requested goods or services from us, to process transactions in a smooth and efficient booking process and to provide you with the information, products or services you want, including sending notices about your transactions;
· to improve our services and your user experience and to identify and develop new services. This may include using Personal Information for statistical analysis, market research and business development;
· where you have requested it, to assess your eligibility for financing;
· where you have reached out to us, to contact you via telephone, live chat, text (SMS) or email messaging, including for customer service, to respond to your questions or assess your satisfaction with our services; to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
· for safety and security, including to investigate and prevent potentially prohibited, illegal, suspicious or fraudulent activities;
· to deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
· to consider you for a position with us for which you have applied;
· for other purposes to which you have consented; and
· as required or permitted by relevant laws and regulations.
You agree that we may use your Personal Information for the purposes for which we collect it and for related purposes which would be reasonably expected by you.
What happens if you don't provide us with your Personal Information
If all or some of your Personal Information is not collected or cannot be verified, we may be unable to provide you with our services or a customised experience, engage with you, or do business with you.
Who we share Personal Information with
We may share your Personal Information with:
· our partners and service providers who help with our business operations including in relation to fraud prevention, identity verification, payment collection, marketing, customer service, and technology services;
· the third party that supplies the goods or services you purchased, so that they can provide goods or services to you (or people you nominate) or respond to a complaint by you, or to help them improve the quality and standard of service they provide to you;
· financial institutions and credit reporting agencies that we may partner with where you have requested finance;
· law enforcement and government agencies or officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to us;
· when we need to do so to comply with any laws or credit card rules;
· when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate suspected violations of our Terms & Conditions;
· your nominated referees so that we may check your references if you are applying for a position with us; and
· other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
Please note that these third parties may be in other countries, including the United States. At a minimum, where you using our Website to buy products or services in a country outside Australia, we will need to disclose your Personal Information to the supplier in that country and you must consent to this. When we disclose your Personal Information overseas, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Information is held, managed and disclosed by the recipient in the same way we do or as agreed by you.
In addition, you should note that third party suppliers that you buy goods or services from or contract with (even if such goods or services are purchased using our services) have their own privacy policies. You should review their privacy policies as well.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we may transfer our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the purchaser. This information may also be disclosed to a potential purchaser in the due diligence process subject to appropriate confidentiality undertakings.
Protecting Personal Information
We will keep your Personal Information secure by taking reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, and unauthorised access, use, modification, and disclosure.
We protect your Personal Information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration.
Only properly authorised people who have a need to access Personal Information to perform their job will be able to see or use that information. Even so, despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable.
Third Party Websites
We may send you marketing materials from time to time about products and services offered by us and our third-party suppliers.
If you signed up to receive newsletters or other marketing communications from us, you can opt-out any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message. You can also log-in to your account to opt-out and update your marketing preferences at any time or contact us at our address set out below.
Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, please allow us sufficient time to process your marketing preferences.
Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues, cancellations or booking-related inquiries, outstanding payment inquiries, surveys, or any questions regarding a specific booking and/or transaction.
Cookies and third party analytical services
Most web browsers automatically accept Cookies. You can find information specific to your browser under the “help” menu. You are free to decline our Cookies if your browser or browser add-on permits, unless our Cookies are required to prevent fraud or ensure the security of our Website. However, declining our Cookies may interfere with your use of our Website and our services.
If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this Site. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are still not uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
Controlling Online Interest-Based Ads
We sometimes work with online advertising vendors to provide you with relevant and useful ads on or through our Website and/or those of other companies. These ads may be based on your Personal Information.
In addition to Google Analytics, we may also use other third-party analytics tools including but not limited to Hotjar and Crazy Egg to monitor, analyse and collect information about your use of our Website.
Accessing, correcting, updating or deleting Personal Information
We will strive to ensure that Personal Information about you is accurate when we collect or use it. If you wish to obtain access to and/or correct your Personal Information held by us, please contact us at the address set out below.
Subject to some exceptions under privacy law, we will let you see the Personal Information we hold about you and correct it if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date. If we do not grant you access to your Personal Information or do not agree to correct your Personal Information we will tell you why. If we do not agree to correct your Personal Information, we will notify you of the reasons we do not agree and will make a note of your request on the records we hold about you. If you are dissatisfied with our refusal to provide you with access to, or correct, your Personal Information you may also complain to the applicable regulator in your jurisdiction.
Unless we do not agree to your request for access to Personal Information, in most cases we will provide you with access as soon as reasonably possible following receipt of your request. If you request corrections to your Personal Information and we agree with your request, these changes will be made as soon as practicable. Subject to the terms set out in our Terms & Conditions, you can also close your account with us. If you close your account, we may retain information from your account for a period of time to collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud or risk, enforce our Terms & Conditions, or take other actions as required or permitted by law.
Resolving your concerns
If you have a complaint regarding our management of your Personal Information, please prepare your complaint in writing and email it to the Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide written acknowledgement of your complaint within 7 days of receipt. We will generally investigate and advise you of the steps we have taken to resolve your complaint within 30 days of receipt of your complaint.
You may also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC), including if we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time or if you are dissatisfied with our response. Details of how to contact the OAIC are located at www.oaic.gov.au.
If you need to contact us for any reason, you can reach us at:
Play Travel operated by LayAway Travel Australia Pty Ltd ABN 73604105740
Address: 2 John Street, Waterloo, NSW 2017 AUSTRALIA
Phone: 1800 780 880 Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 14 January 2021