We recognise life isn't always smooth sailing and rainbows. Every so often events happen, out of your control, which might mean you need to change your plans.
Pre-Trip Cancellation Insurance was complimentary up until 31 Aug 2019 with each PLAY Booking. If you need to cancel your booking for a covered reason, then you can claim for the non-refundable and unused portion of any pre-paid expenses paid by PLAY on your behalf, leading up to your trip.
Some of the cancellation reasons covered under Pre-Trip Cancellation Insurance include:
- Accidental injury or sickness has made you unfit to travel, in the opinion of a Doctor
- You are required by law to attend court
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade has issued a "Do Not Travel" warning
- Relative or Business Partner's unexpected death or life-threatening accidental injury or sickness
- Your home has been badly damaged by fire, storm or flood and you need to stay to make arrangements for it to be liveable
Some of the cancellation reasons not covered under Pre-Trip Cancellation Insurance include:
- Changing your mind about taking the trip
- Financial circumstances, contractual or business obligations
- A lack of numbers to commence any tours or travel arrangements or negligence by travel operators
- Any pre-existing medical conditions or pregnancy
- Any errors made in booking arrangements for your trip